Gifts from Makers in Allegheny National Forest & Surrounds
Celebrate Allegheny National Forest's 100 year anniversary by supporting artists in the region and grabbing some unique gifts for your friends and family! From earrings and scarves to home decor and self care, find a creative products for yourself or loved ones. Pennsylvania's only national forest, the ANF spans more than 500,000 acres in the northwest portion of the Wilds, and residents often create art and wares that reflect the landscape’s most treasured places and experiences. These goods are sure to keep the landscape top of mind, whether by design or when remembering who made them.
- Honey Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap by Allegheny Nesting: Made from our milking goat Annabelle's milk, olive oil, coconut oil, lard, lye and fragrance oil. 4oz bar.
- The Way of Nature Magnet by Conklin Studio Pottery: Handmade oval stoneware magnet stamped with the verbiage "The way of nature is our way of life".
A strong rare earth magnet is epoxied on the back
Measures 1.5"high x 2.25" wide
- Handmade Kayak Earrings by Allegheny Nesting: These handmade kayak earrings are engraved with trees and birds. They are unique and lightweight. Gold accessory.
Bundi Mzuri Congo bay owl bird portrait art print by Ellen Paquette: "Bundi Mzuri" is a limited edition, archival print from an acryic painting of an endangered Congo bay owl. These rarely sighted owls are native to forests in central Africa. They are threatened primarily by habitat loss due to human activities, as well as a small genetic pool.
- 8" x 10" exterior dimension, 7 3/4" x 9 3/4" image size
- High quality archival inks
- Epson Enhanced Matte paper (acid free)
- Signed and numbered by the artist
Keep out of direct sunlight for long life and color durability!
Hoarfrost Hand Painted Silk Scarf by Artwork by Julie Mader: Inspired by cold frosty mornings and the wintery artwork left on our window panes by Jack Frost, the Hoarfrost Scarf is embellished with feathery designs of frost patterns. Painted with hues of pale lavender dye, this silk scarf is a one-of-a-kind utilizing the "serti"method of silk painting. The dyes used for Julie's scarves are steamset to avoid the use of chemicals.
8" wide 54" long
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Brand||PA Wilds Experience Picks|